There was a time when no SUVs (sport utility vehicle) were there on the scene. They made their entry on the American scene in 1940s but never got popular till the heydays of 1990s excess when the gas prices got lowered. SUVs lie between the family station wagon and the sketchy windowless van and, by now, they have evolved into their own category of vehicle. Normally, SUVs have a number of types but the most comfortable ones are the luxury SUVs which have got immensely popular due to the level of facilitation they provide to their users.
Here, the question arises as to which one of so many luxury SUVs arriving in 2018 is the best advisable one. This is not an easy question to answer, for its answer varies from person to person. What might seem the best to one might not seem so to the other. Here, we have discussed in detail the features of various luxury SUVs and let it up to you to decide which one is the best for you. Here we go!
2018 Volvo XC60:
This very technically- outclass luxury SUV stands a class apart from its competitors and is a welcome addition to the already super luxury SUV from this company. The salient features of this luxury SUV are:
- It bears an eye-catching style with a remarkably safe and practical approach.
- Its base engine gives a total output of 250 horsepower whereas the T6 engine’s 320- horsepower production ensures the pumping of your adrenaline.
- A very much economical fuel-sipping hybrid engine is also offered by Volvo which delivers a combined 26mpg while the other models give 27mpg mileage on the long freeway.
- You can certainly locate your favourite apps with the help of Volvo’s Sensus infotainment system.
- The advanced blind-spot monitor can keep you away from the danger and makes Volvo XC60 quite safe and sound
2018 Audi Q5:
With a lot of improved features, the completely redesigned Audi Q5 justifies itself being ranked amongst the best SUVs of 2018. You can enjoy this luxurious SUV with the following characters at a reasonably economical price.
- An extra 32 horsepower added to the already 220hp turbocharged four-cylinder engine makes the drivers feel 252 hp drift just on pressing the accelerator.
- Low-speed automatic braking system always keeps the troubles out of the way.
- Audi Q5 is also equipped with an updated MMI infotainment system
- The drivers have also been facilitated with the blind- spot detection and adaptive cruise control system.
- The interior of Audi Q5 highlights itself with an optional virtual cockpit featuring a high resolution digital display fully customizable as well.
- The standard suspension of Audi Q5 delivers a very soft ride equipping the driver with a sheer confidence
- Audi Q5 new seven speed transmission benefits the drivers a lot. Besides, its 25mpg combined fuel economy rating also invites the drivers.
- Audi Q5 has also offered a racy SQ5 model with turbocharged V-6 engine and an additive 345 hp .This model suits the race-lovers.
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio:
The North American market in particular whereas the whole world in general boasts the all-new 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio’s sporty driving dynamics and edgy styling. Beyond any doubt, this SUV is one of the best luxury SUVs of 2018 with the following prominent features.
- Turbocharged four-cylinder engine delivers a potent of 280hp and 360 pound-feet of torque with a superb economy of 28mpg.
- It possesses a high-resolution display due to which drivers can quickly access information while driving.
- You can extract a brilliant performance from an eight-speed automatic transmission engine. It can cover from 0-60 in just 5.4 seconds if you test it on the track.
- The driver along with the passengers can enjoy themselves with the optional 800- watt Harman Kardon system which delivers a concert-like sound quality.
- An advanced electro-mechanical braking system enables the drivers to apply an outstanding stopping power.
- Besides, this SUV also offers adaptive cruise control, blind- spot monitoring and autonomous braking.
2018 Cadillac XT5:
No matter what luxury SUV you intend to buy, it is our humble suggestion to have a test drive of compact luxury Cadillac XT5. It offers both the slew of premium features and a lot of power. With an elegant exterior styling and the following outstanding features this luxury compact SUV justifies its position in the top contenders.
- With a bundle of advanced driving aids such as automatic braking and vibrating safety alert driver’s seat XT5 makes an absolutely secure family vehicle.
- Besides having a commodious interior for at least five persons, Cadillac XT5 also offers a standard CUE infotainment system which is now quite easier to use than ever before.
- Loaded with a potent 3.6_ litre, V6 engine and a total output of 310 horsepower and 271 lb-ft of torque XTS includes itself among the most powerful luxury SUVs.
- In spite of offering a quick 0-60 time of 6.4 seconds, the front wheel-drive models of XT5 are rated to return 19 mpg in the city and 26mpg on the motorway.
- The driver enjoys an extra degree of driving excitement with a precise handling and a responsive automatic transmission system.
- Included in several high-tech features are a 4G WI-FI hotspot, a booming Bose sound system and a CM’s award-winning Onstar communications system.
2018 BMW X3:
Following excellent and elegant features make BMW X3 one of the most appealing and trustworthy compact luxury SUV.
- An upgraded feature comprises a four-cylinder engine to deliver 248 hp and 258 pound- feet of torque Also BMW has discontinued the X3’s optional diesel engine.
- The infotainment system can be adjusted by simply making hand motions by virtue of Gesture Control Technology.
- A new head-up display with much improved graphics is also available with BMW X3
- An automatic brake-drying feature is a superb innovation regarding safety measures.
- Pedestrian detection, cross- traffic alert and lane-keep are some of the optional driving aids of this bombastic luxury SUV.
Hence, these are some of the leading luxury SUVs of 2018. Out of these, you may trust anyone blindly. It will never cause you any botheration or repentance.